Friday, September 13, 2013

Polar Opposites

It's incredible to me how so many different things can be going on in the world at the same time.

I was having a nice day, and spent a good hour or so looking at old pictures from high school and reminiscing over happy memories.

And then I saw this link my friend posted on Facebook with blurred out pictures of people beheading each other in Syria.

I have not felt my stomach turn like that in a long time. I just felt sick. Tears came faster than I knew they could.

And then I looked at other posts on Facebook and saw happy things again and my mind was just blown.

It's not like I don't already know that there's good and evil in the world at all times, but when you get that vivid of a reminder... you just can't shake it. All I could do was say a silent prayer of comfort for all those who are suffering.

But something I've learned is that it's still okay to move on with your life and be happy. Do what you can, absolutely. Pray. Donate. Spread the word. Pray some more. But I think we have to go on living, even though we feel so, so guilty. I think Heavenly Father would want as many of his children to be happy as possible.

Anyway. Those are just some thoughts I had. Please, please pray for Syria and everyone suffering everywhere. I promise your prayers are being used to comfort someone somewhere.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...