Saturday, July 10, 2010

Not too shabby...

...if I do say so myself!


Jennay got an A on her first summer midterm (intro to advertising). Woo to the hoo!! :) Studying really pays off. Go figure. :)
Hmm. Well, while I'm here I might as well write some more, huh?
Life's been good lately. Very chill. Still trying to decide what to do with my life. But what day goes by where that's not on my mind? :)
Last night I was studying and started thinking about what it is that's missing. And I realized it (or at least part of it) was music. Band. My flute! And playing it with others. I miss being in a band so much it's inconceivable (Oh, it might be time to pull out The Princess Bride again). I'm going to sign up for band this year before it fills up if it kills me!! I'm also considering trying out for marching band next year (it's too late to try out for this year.) I just miss band. I miss being a part of a group. Of course I'll always have my group of friends... but I miss being part of a performing group. There's just a rush you get when you're playing in a big ensemble and the music is so moving that the hair on the back of your neck stands up and you can't believe you helped make such a beautiful sound. Goodness, I love and miss band. I need it back in my life. How stupid of me to be so devoted to it since 6th grade and forget about it once I got to college. That WILL change. I can't live without it!
Well. :) Had no idea I'd be getting on THAT tangent today! But it's good. I needed to come to that realization.
So what about you? What things are you missing in your life?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...