Saturday, April 9, 2011

my favorite products

right now the weather is totally poopy. yes, poopy. lame sauce. stupidness. cold. rainy. snowy. blah.

and therefore, I am blah. I have a lot of things I could be doing, but I just cannot find the motivation to do them.

so I decided to post about things that make me happy.

and what makes me happy are beauty products that I can depend on (and that are cheeeeeeeeeeap!).

so without further ado...

1. favorite eye makeup remover
I would die without this stuff. I like to wear waterproof mascara because I just never know when I'm going to cry or get yawny and tear or when the utah weather is gunna go crazy and decide to rain. lots of people don't like waterproof because it's hard to take off and I totally understand that. BUT... this stuff makes it as easy as anything. you have to make sure to buy the blue moisturizing tub though and not the purple normal one cuz it won't do the trick. anyway, these are just little pads of awesomeness and they last forever. highlyyy recommend.


2. favorite eye liner
I've seriously used this exact same eyeliner since 6th grade. revlon colorstay is where it's at. no smudging. stays on all day. don't have to sharpen, just twist it up. I always get black brown but I'm thinking of trying just brown next time. but seriously - since 6th grade people. that's all I need to say!


3. favorite face wash
sadie introduced me to this and I'm so grateful to her. I always try different face washes and the second I used this one I was in love. it's so creamy and there are tiny exfoliating beads in it that are still gentle enough to use every day. I can't stand when a face wash leaves my face feeling tight and this stuff definitely doesn't do that.


4. favorite lip balm
you guys. I'm a chapstick addict. and the day they decided to make strawberry flavor in addition to cherry, I was seriously hooked. I always have a strawberry chapstick on me. my lips are just so lame and dry out so fast. it's simply an essential.


5. favorite foundation
once again, thank you sadie! this stuff is called covergirl ultimate finish. it's a liquid powder foundation. it is amazing. and only like 7 bucks. it seriously is liquid powder. it covers super well and I NEED super well for all my blemishes and acne scars and just naturally pink skin. I know lots of people love MAC and other expensive things but I'm just a cheapo when it comes to makeup and for me this totally does the trick. only downside is they apparently stopped selling my shade (415) in stores, so I have to buy it online. kinda annoying, but I can't live without this stuff! 
6. favorite concealer
another thing I can't live without. I think a little bit of concealer under the eye and in the tear duct does soo much to brighten the eyes and make you look awake and fresh. plus, it's good for covering up acne, of course. this stuff is awesome. it comes out of the tube looking white/grey and you're all like "what the heck?" until you rub your fingers together and it seriously matches your skin tone. it's so light and airy but a little bit goes such a long way which I love. I love the light shade. I tried the medium one recently and it's too tan/orangey for me. can't wait to buy the light stuff again. love this stuff!


now get to the store and buy all of this!! ;)

or... leave a comment telling me what your favorite products are. (seriously though... share! I wanna know!)

happy (crappy.... jk ;)) saturday!

1 comments:

Lauren said...

Just a tip...I use baby oil to remove my waterproof mascara. I've used probably about an 8th of a bottle since school started in august. It cost be less than two dollars. Just a tip to save a few dollars:)

And I'm super cheap when it comes to makeup too! I like mostly everything maybelline. And they frequently have buy one get one half off sales at walgreens so i always stock up, and end up saving tons!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...