Monday, April 25, 2011

accutane.

yes world, I started accutane. 3 days ago. friday. the 22nd. sometime between 6 and 6:30 pm.

I know that accutane doesn't work for everyone. and may have ruined your life. or the life of your friend. but I also know that proactiv works for a lot of people. and didn't work for me. and ruined my life. okay slight exaggeration. but it was mean to me. for a long time.

I also know that this is the 3rd time I've been on prescribed acne medication, and I'm really hoping it works. if I don't try it, I'll always wonder "what if?" and that will drive me crazy. I'd rather try it than always wonder.

I know that there's a 60% chance of permanent clearing for 5 years and a 40% chance of acne coming back.

I know 4-6 months of heck are coming my way. heck = dryest skin of my life, peeling, applying lotion all day, red face, etc. but I'll get the worst of it overwith in the summer before fall semester.

I know it might not work. I know I will hate it during the process. but I also know that I'm going to do it because I'm not giving up on trying to get clear skin.

why this post? because this morning when I woke up, my face felt and looked very much like it does after a light sunburn. a little tight. a little dry. and a little red.

and only after 6 pills. that's some intense stuff.

LET THE TREATMENT BEGIN!

1 comments:

nancypaige said...

Thank you for the blog comment. And funny story, right before I came to read blogs I was looking up reviews on certain acne treatments.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...