Sunday, April 10, 2011

thoughts on a sunday night.

sorry for the lame title. :)

church was so great today. gosh I love church. my ward is incredible. I feel the spirit so strongly every sunday, even when I'm tired and think maybe this sunday will be the exception. nope. always so spiritually uplifting. it's awesome. I always feel so motivated to go home and just be AMAZING!

and then I go home.

and I get on facebook.

and then I'm bored.

honestly, how lame is that?

why's it so hard to apply what we learn? when I'm in church, I picture myself spending my sundays at nursing homes and baking cookies for people and writing letters and visiting my grandpa. but I get home and say "I'm tired" or "I'm bored" or "I just don't feel like it." oh how lame that is.

I realized something a few weeks ago. I want to be someone the Lord can depend upon. I want Him to be able to count on me. but when I don't do my visiting teaching, when I ignore promptings to share the gospel, when I get on facebook instead of read my scriptures, when I put off my homework even though I prayed for His help to do my homework, He's not gunna be able to count on me. because I'm being so undependable (is that a word?). anyway, so what I've realized for me... is that wanting to be a dependable person for the Lord is my number one motivation right now for getting anything done. but really, the super always mega number 1 will always be to make Him happy because I love Him so much. but a good second place is because I want Him to be able to trust me and work through me. How can He use me to help someone else if I'm ignoring Him in the tiniest daily matters?

well.. on that note.. I'm gunna go read my scriptures for 15 minutes. this is my daily goal, and I haven't missed a day since I started a few months ago. but... most of those times were way late at night when I was super tired and not getting anything from my reading. awesome? I think NOT. here's to reading when I'm awake and can actually receive revelation! sheesh jennie. come on. you're like, 20. an adult. get with it! :)

so, that is all. and whoever you are - you rock. and you're going to be okay. stay strong. and be someone the Lord (or whoever is important to you) can depend on. :)

happy sunday! <3

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...