Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Coincidence? I think not! Well, maybe... um...

So. Let’s talk about coincidences, shall we? Okay, for real. This might sound weird.. but I need to get it off my chest. I feel like in the past year I’ve become this coincidence Nazi! That probably doesn’t make sense. What I mean is… coincidences have been flagging me left and right. It’s INSANE! I know they happen to everyone, but I seriously feel like they happen to me so much more often than the normal person. It could just be that I’m extremely observant (which, okay, I am) but I don’t know… there is something fishy going on. I’ve decided to start documenting the coincidences that happen to me regularly, because they are just that frequent and crazy! Although it wouldn’t surprise me if they stopped happening now that I’ve finally decided to share them with the world. Wouldn’t that be an “of course” situation?

So, because I like to make things pretty whenever possible … :) … you will now see this awesome COINCIDENCE ALERT banner whenever I have a coincidence to document. You love it, I know. It makes life more exciting, right? So… here’s to the first documentations. I’ve been keeping a mental list of some that happened just recently.



  • I have to start with the one that pushed me over the edge and made me seriously consider writing my coincidences down. A few months ago I was at my grandparent’s house for the usual Sunday dinner. We were talking about my cousins’ dog and how he chews up everything he sees, namely shoes. I proceeded to tell a story of when my lovely yellow lab Daisy chewed up my favorite pair of red flats from Target that I had bought years ago. The very next day, walking to class, I see a girl wearing the EXACT. SAME. PAIR. OF RED FLATS. I’ve never seen anyone else with them. It had been years since I purchased them. I had just talked about them the night before. COINCIDENCE???

  • A few days ago I was hanging out outside with Kari and some of my other friends. Kari randomly started singing “For The Longest Time” by Billy Joel. The very next morning, my friend posted the same music video on her Facebook wall. It's not like that's a new popular song or anything! What are the chances of two friends singing the same oldie within 12 hours of each other? COINCIDENCE???

  • A few days ago my friend Laine posted her wedding pictures to her Facebook. She got married 2 summers ago. The day after looking at her pictures online, I decided to take some time out to decorate my walls. I used to have this really pretty flower calendar, and since I loved the pictures so much, I decided to cut them out and use them as wall décor. I first used them last year in my freshman dorm and I’m still using them. I never ever read the backs of the pictures (which would be a calendar month) when I’m sticking them on my walls, but this one time I just happened to actually look at the back of one I was about to hang up. The exact and only date I glanced at said “Laine and Paul’s wedding!!!” COINCIDENCE???

Don’t get me wrong, I love coincidences and I seriously feel like they’re kind of magical. I’ve heard many different phrases like “Coincidences are God’s way of staying anonymous” which I think is the greatest. :) But I can’t get over how insane it is! I can’t wait to one day understand if it really was all just coincidence or if there’s some meaning behind them. Don’t you ever wonder that? Sometimes I think that before I came to Earth I made a deal with God and said “Okay, Heavenly Father. Let’s make a little deal. I know I need to have faith that you really exist, but can we please do something fun where unexplainable things happen to me and that’ll be my little way of knowing that you exist? Wouldn’t that be cool?? And then in Heaven we can laugh about how crazy I went! Even though all along I knew it was you.” :) Maybe I’m insane… I don’t know. I just love to solve things and understand them, so coincidences truly fascinate me! So now it's your turn - tell me some of YOUR coincidences and we can marvel at them together. =)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...