Thursday, June 10, 2010

it's about time, eh?

Well.. I've started a blog and I'm already bad at using it! But it's probably because my days right now are filled with too many hours of mindless TV watching and one too many trips to the fridge. Not exactly enlightening blogging material if you catch my drift. However, I'm determined not to let this blog die, just like I let journal writing die in my first year of college. I was so good at writing in my journal practically my whole life... I need to get back to that.... sigh......

ahem, anyway!

Let's talk about my camera, shall we? My new baby. :) I have yet to name her. But she will have a name, for I name all important inanimate objects in my life. Like Desi, my car. And.. um... man. I guess I should take back that overly exaggerated statement. Well anyway, I shall name my camera! Eventually.

My camera and I have been through a lot already. I got her on Memorial Day (thank you vets!) and 5 days later dropped her in a puddle on the concrete while babysitting. Oops. (That is such an understatement. I bawled like a 2 year old.) The neck strap loosened up, the camera fell, the lens popped off, the kids kept fighting, oh my lanta.

So my amazing patient save-the-day daddy didn't freak out, and had my mom and I go to Best Buy to pay for Geek Squad protection the next day. That meant a lot more moola. I still feel guilty. =[ My parents are amazing. I owe them big time. And I hate neck straps forever now. Obviously I don't hold grudges.

So, long story short, we got my lens exchanged, and at a later time we'll hopefully get the body exchanged, because the flash still doesn't work.

Anyway, I've been getting some fun photography practice in. :) I've done photoshoots for a few of my friends as well as my parents! I have a lot more to learn and a long way to go, but I think these turned out pretty good for 19-year-old self-taught me.

Myra





Jessica



Maggie (Myra's mom)




Mom & Dad




The main reason I love taking pictures is because I love making people feel beautiful. I think everyone needs to be reminded of that. I love when people see their pics and say "You made me look so pretty!" and then I get to remind them that that's what they look like and they ARE pretty. =) Photoshop can't fix everything, folks! But It's crazy how much courage it takes to be a photographer. I'm always so aware of what people are thinking of me and how I look, and having to forget all that and snap pictures of someone in a public place took a surprising amount of courage for me. I know it sounds totally weird, but it's true. It's gotten much better though - I'm thinking it was just that first photoshoot I was nervous about.

Well, that's about it for this post! It has been and will continue to be an eventful day. A few hours ago I slammed a snake's head in my back door........yeah... I will for sure blog about that one later, my amazing friend Linda just came over and we had a nice venting session (the reason I'm not gunna go ahead and blog about the snake now), and in a few hours the rest of my girlfriends are coming over to my house to partay and have a humungoid girl sleepover! Indeed. Fun times are ahead. :)

Phew. I told you I was long-winded! I hope your Thursday is FABULOUS! Perhaps you should have a sleepover tonight too. :)

1 comments:

Taren said...

Oh, no. I'm sad about your camera (your camera needs a name... Bernice?) I hope she gets feeling better.


Oh, and WELCOME BACK TO UTAHHHHHH!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...