Friday, October 22, 2010

let's blog and see what happens.

I just feel like writing thoughts down.
Not really sure what I'm going to talk about.. but I'm afraid if I never write, I'll forget.
Speaking of that, I absolutely love my classes here at BYU.
How the heck did that phrase follow "Speaking of that"? I shall explain. :)
My classes here are so great. I'm seriously inspired and enlightened every day in every single class. Even biology. It's kind of freaky. (However, I should mention that my biology class is unlike ANY biology class you've ever been to. It's insane... and I love it.)
I often times find myself sitting in class just completely content and inspired. Things are revealed to me, life makes more sense, I get excited for the future, I realize how awesome my life is. I want to become a better person.
It's the same thing every day, and it's awesome.. but I'M GOING TO FORGET THESE FEELINGS! :(
I want to start writing down the impressions I have in class. Or the amazing tangents my professors get on. Those aren't things I write in my notes, because they're clearly unimportant to the curriculum. But oh, how important they are to my life!
Journals are bomb. Sure, I've written in my journal like, four times in the past year (ugh. that statement depresses me so much), but most of my life I've been a very dedicated journalist. And I'm so glad I have been, because even though I just wrote down the mundane happenings of my day, they've become super special to me now.
However, I need to make a switch.
I need to switch from journaling in a "document my daily life" kind of way to a "document my inspired moments" kind of way.
I've just been having so many of those moments ever since I came to BYU, and I'm changing a lot every day, and I don't want to wake up one day and be like "Huh. Weird. I wonder how I got to this point." I WANT TO REMEMBER!
Wow, this post is getting long. It is probably so boring. Sorry!
Anyway, that's just been on my mind. But what have I been doing? PUTTING IT OFF like everything else in my life. HA. :( Well, God gave us 100 years to live because He knew we would need that long to master all of our flaws, right? ;)
I love you. Whoever you are. WRITE IN YOUR JOURNAL! You'll just be so happy you did later.
Just. Do. It.
(...is it obvious enough that I'm trying to persuade myself as well?)
p.s. I didn't give myself enough credit - I HAVE kept a journal for the past year, but only one that I wrote in at church and devotionals. It's full now, and I need a new one! I'm super picky though. It has to be just right. Know of any stores/websites with journals you particularly like?

4 comments:

Rosey said...

Girl i have been trying to make myself journal too...recommended by my therapist lol! If you figure out how to make yourself do it let me know!

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

I saw Reliant K written in your header and was sold :) haha

Lee Nephi said...

This was a good one :)

And I, of course, know what you mean.. it's so good to read back on things you wrote.. that actually mean something! not just a daily description of things haha. :)

Many times my mission journal became just that: a simple description of the day. But other times I would write several pages on one night about certain feelings or experiences.. much more fulfilling!

Jennie Smithson said...

I enjoy all of these comments. :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...