Monday, November 15, 2010

daddy's girl.

I love my dad so much.
I didn't realize until I came out to college how much of a daddy's girl I was.
we're not like touchy-huggy-anything in my family, so it's not like that. but it's just knowing that he cares so much about me because I'm the only girl and he always genuinely cares about how I'm doing. he knows exactly when to give me space, and when to ask how I'm doing. he's become a master at putting up with my mood swings, let me tell ya!
his nickname for me has always been "boody-doo." :)
my dad is such a good person. he's so chill and mature. but he's also really dorky (oh, his jokes. enough said. :)) he is SUCH. a hard worker. he is the best handyman I know. seriously. he built our fence. he landscaped our backyard. he fixes all of our cars by himself. he fell through the ceiling (haha) and patched it right back up. he fixed a dent in our van. he kills bugs for me (no, he's too nice for that, he takes them outside for me!). he makes the best homemade pizza ever. he can cook anything. he's a computer genious. he's a gadget-tech-anything genious for that matter. he's just. THE. BEST!
this past summer I had the awesome opportunity of nannying for a family that goes to my church back home in alabama. with the money I made from nannying, I was able to save up for a DSLR. one day while I was nannying, and before I had even purchased the camera, my dad dropped by on his way home from work to see how I was doing. he then handed me a bag, and in it were 2 digital photography books he had just bought for me.
a couple of months later, after I had bought my camera and while I was doing summer term at BYU, I got a random package in the mail. it was from my dad, and he had sent me another photography book - this one specific to my camera.
today, I got another random package in the mail. 2 photography books specifically about wedding photography, because I'm shooting my first wedding in december.
this might sound so whatever to some, or not even special because it involves material things, but to me it means so much! my dad is so thoughtful and he supports me so much. knowing that he's investing in these books for me shows me that he has faith in me and supports my love for photography. but it's so much bigger than that, of course. he just wants the best for me and cares about my ... cares! we're very laid back in my family when it comes to expressing our love, but these small acts just prove to me that my dad loves me so much.
he's the best dad ever. I love him and miss him so much!

(these are literally the only pictures I could find of us together on my computer... so they'll just have to do. I feel like we're looking at the history of my hair - yeesh! :))

Photobucket

(my dad looks like dennis quaid, no?)

Photobucket
the day I bought my DSLR :)

Photobucket
at one of my concert band clinics

Photobucket
senior prom

Photobucket
on rattlesnake rapids, a ride at lagoon :)

thank you for everything daddy, I love you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...