Sunday, May 8, 2011

let's blog, shall we?

so I'm back home in alabama!

it'll be nice to be back for 6 weeks. :) but I miss my roommates...I keep expecting them to walk in my room. it's weird going from living with all girls to living with none except your mom (but I love you mom!).

I cried too much today. we watched a national geographic special on the earthquake/tsunami in japan.

and then I went outside and saw the bloody bottom half of a tiny little bunny. I love my pets but sometimes I want to strangle them! .... lovingly.

yesterday my dad drove me around and showed me where the tornadoes hit near us. seriously 4 miles from my house. it's so scary. and so sad. I'm going to help clean up while I'm here.

I just can't handle sad stuff for too long or I go crazy! I'm so thankful for the things I believe in that give me comfort. I don't know how people without faith handle all this sadness.

well.. I'm going to finish this delicious bowl of mint choc. chip ice cream (w/ chocolate shell!) and then probably do some nice sunday reading. I don't necessarily think it's bad to watch tv on sunday but I got so used to not doing it in utah because my roommates and I would just hang out that I don't want to get back into the habit. I want to use my time more wisely and make the sabbath a special day where I study the gospel and can feel at peace rather than be distracted by the world.

so on that note... peace! <3

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...