Thursday, September 13, 2012

awkwardness consumes my life.

So in one of my classes, our professor wanted to get to know us better, so she gave us sheets to fill out about ourselves and then we would meet with her and go over them for about 10 minutes.

Well, I of course put off filling out my sheet until 5 minutes before my appointment.

As I'm reading the items, I came to one that said, "Tell me something unforgettable about you."

Crap.

At any other school, I could easily say, "I'm Mormon! That's unforgettable!" But obviously not at BYU. 

I seriously couldn't think of anything. Everyone at BYU is incredible. They all hike mountains in their spare time and travel to foreign countries to teach people English. They were all the valedictorians at their high schools. They all play a musical instrument. They all do everything, and they do it well. They are all unforgettable, and therefore, finding something uniquely unforgettable about me was hard.

Finally, I came up with the only thing I could think of (and honestly still the only thing I can think of... let's just say this was not a confidence boosting experience overall). I decided that I was unforgettable because I was both drum major and prom queen my senior year of high school.

*insert anti-climactic sigh*

I was trying to go with the funny theme. Like.. ha, ha! I was queen of the band nerds.. but I was also queen of the prom! Ha..! That's funny! Because usually the drum major is like, a nerd, you know? Or like, a boy. And like, I was the drum major. But I was also cool enough to be prom queen. I guess. At least according to the junior class because the seniors weren't allowed to vote so there wouldn't be any drama. So... Haaa. That's funny and unique...ish...... right?

You guys. It was so bad. Here is how it went down:

(About halfway through our meeting)
Professor: Alright, something unforgettable about you... You were both drum major and prom queen your senior year of high school?
Me: Haha, yeah... I know that's kind of weird... but I couldn't think of anything else.. I just thought it was kind of funny... because those things don't usually go together, you know?
Professor: *vacant smile*
Me: Like, you know.. in the movies.. the drum major and the prom queen are always sooo different. Like the drum major is the leader of the nerds and the prom queen is like miss popular. Ha.. so it's just kind of ironic and funny that someone could be both.. you know?
Professor: *trying really hard to maintain the vacant smile*
Me: I went to a really small high school.


*face palm*


Nothing like making the person who grades your papers think you're an airhead!

Now to leave this post on a higher note, I introduce you to the funniest thing I've ever seen.... this week.


:)

Happy Thursday!

3 comments:

Rosemary Perdue said...

LOL

Scott and Marissa said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH!! I love you! Funny video!

Taren said...

your teacher sounds like the awkward one, not you.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...