Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I'm such a hypocrite.

I check around 10 blogs daily and am depressed when only 2 of them have posted something new.

so, not that I think anyone is depressed when I don't update..., I decided to post something. anything. just to post. because we are all blog addicts. and updates make us feel good.

hm. what to say.

oh, I totally saw my soul sister in the library yesterday. no big deal. she was just sitting at the table next to mine and we were face to face. totally awesome and meant to be. soul sisters are real. even if you don't know their name.

also, kamala, my real soul sister who I know the name of, IS VISITING ME THIS WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I cannot even tell you how excited I am. Kam goes to BYU-Idaho, and lucky for me, her boyfriend goes to BYU. what does this mean my friends? kamala will be driving down friday morning and staying until tuesday afternoon. yes world. that is 5 days together. that is a LOT for kamala & I. and considering she's one of my BEST friends (I don't use that term lightly), I'm ridiculously excited. and I'm also so so so so so excited to meet her boyfriend!! he seems like SUCH a good guy. oh man. this weekend is just going to be magnificent!!

in other news, our TV broke, so we're borrowing our neighbor's. except his TV doesn't come with a remote... so I can't watch HGTV. :( a universal remote is the next thing on my shopping list? ohhhhh you bet.

the weather is incredible today. so incredible. I must enjoy it though because tonight the snow and rain are coming. =(

we like posts with pictures, right? okay cool. I shall post the most random picture I can find on my computer.


.... that was actually perfect, because last night in band my lack of practicing whipped me in the butt. oh, I play the flute. did you know? it is fun. :) but not when you have super high/fast notes to memorize....

I shall explain.

our concert this year is based around John Philip Sousa - he's just awesome. that is all you need to know. so our final song we're playing is Stars and Stripes Forever - his most famous song, also awesome. but there's a part in the song where the piccolos have INSANE NOTES. so high and so fast and so not in the ideal key signature. first of all, I don't even play the piccolo. I need to learn how to this semester. second, we have to memorize this super difficult part of the song because we will be standing in the front of the stage playing it.

here's a clip of almost exactly what we will be doing. I'm glad I found this one because when our band director told us what song we were doing and how we were performing it, the Troy band is exactly what I thought of. They play this at the end of a lot of their concerts. I may have even been in the audience for this one!


yeah. we played this last night, and I BUTCHERED. it. it was basically so embarrassing. even though I'm sure no one noticed. but you know how you feel like everyone's noticing your mistakes and watching you? yeah. it was definitely like that. but it's totally my fault, because I hadn't practiced it at all.

lesson learned.

alright. this is definitely trailing into the "this post is so long I don't even care about reading it anymore" category.

hooray for blogging. :)

I'm now going to enjoy this beautiful day!

3 comments:

Samantha said...

Uhhh yeah....hearing people actually being able to play that ridiculously hard part on piccolo just made me feel inferior lol. But seriously don't worry about last night cause I was totally botching everything too (and there is no way that I have the time to practice and memorize that part so I'm secretly laughing on the inside about how awful it might turn out for me come concert time)

My blog address is samsquaredweare@blogspot.com, happy reading :]

Paige Coram said...

This makes me smile!
And by the way, I do love your blog!

Jennie Smithson said...

thanks paige! ^-^

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...