Wednesday, February 2, 2011

soul sisters.

so I'm kind of a paranoid person. well... when it matters.

like when I'm in the library. and I have to go to the bathroom. I always ask the person sitting closest to me if they'll watch my stuff while I'm gone.

"chillax, jennie! you're at byu! no one would steal your stuff. they'd be more likely to leave you a present than steal your stuff!"

yes, people may be freakishly nice here. but stuff happens. and I can just picture a conversation going like this:

me: uh.... dad..............so...... uh... welll.....................my laptop was stolen.
dad: what?? how??
me: well....... I just left it for 5 minutes in the library while I went to the bathroom............
dad: *cricket*
me: yeah I realize now that that was kind of dumb idea.....

few things are more motivating than the thought of possibly disappointing my dad. thus the never-leave-your-precious-items-unattended rule.

so, today, I was in the library, found a table, put my stuff down, and then asked the girl across from me if she'd watch it while I went to the bathroom.

y'know what she said?

with a smile on her face, "I was just about to ask you the same thing!!"



it was in that moment that I knew I had found my soul sister.



okay... sure.. she may have left 10 minutes later.. and I'll probably never see her again...

but we are soul sisters!! okay?

soul-sisterness is not something to doubt. ever. I wish you all luck in your endeavors to find your soul sisters or soul brethren.

and now, back to my 7 page paper. peace.

2 comments:

KariElle said...

i commend you on blogging amidst writing a 7 page paper! you sound like an english major and i welcome you to the club. =D

Sadie Crookston said...

So gangster, I'm so thug, you're the only one I'm dreaming of.

My paper. Seven pages, due Tuesday at 4. So I put it off until Tuesday after 11. Then...class was canceled!!! It is now due today (thursday) at 2. So...did I finish it on Tuesday? Nope! Still not finished. It's 10:30.

I miss you and your brain. Your lipstick stains. I knew I wouldn't forget you.

Ok. Bye.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...