Sunday, December 4, 2011

my 21st birthday!

on november 26th I turned 21!!
(I always want to excitedly type "21" in caps, but then it fails me...)


when I woke up the first thing I did was open sadie's present! (she was in texas but left this for me and told me I couldn't open it til my birthday)

dark kiss body spray (my favorite that I ran out of), chapstick (ALWAYS NEED), sugar ('nuff said) and face masks!!! perfection. :)) (for some reason it won't upload correctly.. sorry for your crooked neck..) sadie's present got me excited cuz I started to feel like it was really my birthday!

then I went to brenna's salon and treated myself to some much needed highlights!


brenna is adorable and amazing. if you need an awesome hair stylist let me know! her salon is so flippin modern and cute!


then I went to celebrate with my relatives. since my birthday always falls on thanksgiving week, my friends are usually out of town.. so I party it up with my family. :)


me and my DAD!! he visited utah for a week to see his parents since he's retired from the air force and has all this free time while he's job hunting ;) it was so so so good to see him and so cool that he could be here for my birthday!

first, we went to chili's!




me and my cousins natalie and michelle!



aunt tamara, dad, aunt amy, cousin will


 faja and I :)


then we saw puss in boots! this is the only picture I have of that experience.. hahaha

then back to grandma & grandpa's house for cake and ice cream!


the classic birthday picture. :) 
21!! bah!!!!!


 time to open presents!


(my dad bought mine in the airport.. hence the bag.. hahaha)


cake and 7 chocolate bars!! yep. my family knows me. :)


 university of alabama shirt from my dad! I guess I'm a fan now. ;)
(he later felt like that present didn't suffice so he got me a manicure set! haha he's so cute :))

then.... tamara's oh so clever idea.
instead of 21 birthday spankings... 
let's have jennie pop 21 already partially deflated balloons!
that sounds like fun!





let's just say I had a hard time and it was way more exhausting than it sounds...



like I said. :)

when I got home, I got chocolate kisses from relief society, a sand dollar from nate, a pomegranate from ryan, cookies from ryan & taylor, and a bumble bee pillow pet from taylor!! (the roomie who let me borrow her adorable shirt that day!) it is basically my official new cuddle buddy.


:)

then, a week after my birthday, my amazing cousin emily still wanted to celebrate so she treated sadie and I to dinner at applebee's!


along with my meal, I ordered a strawberry daiquiri (virgin of course ;))
I may or may not have harassed the waiter about making SURE it was virgin... haha
it was soooo yummyyy! 


then after the waiters sang to me (very loudly!) I got this huuuuge cup of ice cream! thankfully I had friends to share it with..


and emily gave me bath&body stuff!!! free food AND yummy smelling things? she's wonderful. :)


sadie, me, and emily!

all in all my birthday was awesome and I'm so grateful for all of the amazing people in my life who made it special!

3 comments:

Taren said...

Okay, your haircut is like really REALLY cute.

and Happy Birthday :)

Taren said...

p.s. you should text me because i lost all my #'s... and since we're both not on facebook this is probably the best way to get a message to you ;)

p.p.s. I LOVE YOUR HAIR.

Sadie Crookston said...

jeeennnnniiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee........ that video was the FUNNIEST thing I've ever seen. I love you.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...