Tuesday, May 8, 2012

I'm a Mormon.. and ILOVEIT!!!!

So ever since our easter prank video went on YouTube... it's been getting so many views and comments! It's seriously crazy. But what's crazier is how many of the comments have to do with us being Mormons. And how many of the comments are very hateful. /:

What gets me is the comments that are quite frankly just so ignorant. Just.. people who say that I'm in a cult and that I'm not a Christian and all this stuff. I just forget a lot of the time that people still think those things about us! It's so weird to me because it's so untrue that it just blows my mind! It makes me soo sad to know that people think such absolutely horrible things about my religion, while I can only think the most incredible things about it. Like... I can't even think of a single thing I don't like about it! Or anything that has made me feel weird about it... or anything!! It's just absolutely perfect. And I know even that sentence will just make someone upset.. but to me it really is. Like I'm struggling to even figure out what to say or how to start... the leaders of this church are so completely ridiculously selfless and wise and amazing. The organization of this church is unreal and everything is for the betterment of individuals and the family and for bringing people closer to Christ. There's none of this blind leading the blind stuff everyone insinuates.. it's not like we're idiots without brains! haha. If we felt weird or bad about something we wouldn't be a part of this religion. I just can't imagine feeling more love than I do within the "walls" of this church. Yes, it requires that I live up to certain standards... but that doesn't bother me because I believe that those standards were divinely inspired. And even if you don't follow them all perfectly, it's not like we kick you out. And no one even gets paid!! And I'm not dissing other religions that pay their pastors or anything.. I'm just saying that it's pretty amazing that we all do this even though we don't get a dime for the countless hours we put into it, no matter our position. And.. AHHHHH!!! hahaha I just go crazy sometimes because of how sad I get because people don't know how HAPPY and wonderful life is within this religion. That being said, I love all Christian faiths and am appreciative of other faiths as well that encourage good values. I totally fully support faith!!!!! I'm grateful for the chance I had to live in the south and see that Christianity is still alive and thriving and I'm so happy that so many people still believe! I just also totally fully believe that my faith adds to the good that other faiths already have.. making one big yummy delicious happy amazing incredible faith that makes people so happy their hearts might burst out of their chests!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So I guess what I'm saying is.... it's one thing for people to be like, "Okay.. Mormons seem a little weird on the onset.. but whatevs," and another thing for people to be like, "WOW. I am so sorry you had to grow up in that cult! And you hate blacks! And you blindly follow your prophet! And you smell like a dirty shoe!" Haha but seriously. The super hateful ignorant comments just make me sad.. because people have noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo idea how absolutely blissfully perfectly happy this church makes me and so many others. <3

Okay. Rant over. Consider checking us out sometime - I think you might be pleasantly surprised. :)

1 comments:

Sadie Crookston said...

This is perfect, and you are amazing.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...