Monday, February 4, 2013

C-C-C-Catch Up!

  At least a little one..
You guys. It is killing. me. How many pictures I am forced to leave out.
But anything is better than nothing... soooooo here we go!


In line to see the Dome of the Rock on a free day! Some local kids wanted to take pictures with us... it was pretty funny. :) "Hey, Americans!!"

Dome of the Rock with my roommates! We were here with a big group but then spent the rest of the day exploring just us 4.

One from Ashley's camera... love it!

Sooo can I take all those gorgeous tiles and keep them forever? K cool thanks.


We paid to walk along the walls of the Old City! Such awesome views.


We get pretty nerdily excited every time we see the Jerusalem Center from afar. ♥
The Old City in a nutshell.

Next day (Monday.. field trip day always)! Me and Montana in the Negev (southern Israel) watching some tribal women weave. :) (Yeah this was a long time ago and I don't remember names or details. And my field trip manual is down in my room.. sooo..)
Sweetness.

She was cute. :) And SADIE everyone compliments me on the scarf you gave me. :) It kept me warm this day!

The little ornament I bought from them!

Next stop.... Beersheba! I think! Abraham came through here... I think. I'm not dumb I promise, I'm just so tired and we do field trips so not in order of what we learn. Also, we went underground to see an ancient water system. Thus the hard hats.

Replica of an ancient sacrifice alter they found hurrr.

Next stop... a tel! That I don't remember the name of. Guys I'm appreciating this experience I promise....

Next stop... another tel! Tel Adar? Maybe? Ashley is showing how much we love tels.
Totally different day: tour of the underneath of the Center! Everyone signs their names down there. SO COOL! Sadie I saw Cory's and had to put mine under his. :) I also saw Ian's and Piers'! And like three others I knew! I looked so hard for yours!
Another field trip day: Montana and I in the hills of Jericho!! We are either on or near the Mt. of Temptation... probably. ;)
Contemplative time. Thinking of Christ's 40 day fast. ♥

Jericho - The oldest city of the world!

Behold... the Neolithic Tower. AKA the oldest structure IN THE WORLD. 9000 BC baby. 9000 BC!!!!

Okay I need to go not fail my classes now. :)

9 comments:

Kamala said...

Love all the pictures! It's so beautiful there.

Also, I emailed you back. Not sure if it spammed me again. lol

Oliver Shipwright said...

Hey Jennie,this is Skye! Looks like your trip is going well and I'm glad to hear (read) it! Hey, I just got engaged and I was wondering if you will be back in Utah this summer. I've always loved your photography so I wanted to know if you'd be available for the wedding.

Jennie Smithson said...

Hey Skye! I hope you're able to see this comment.. Anyway, congratulations!! That is so exciting! :) Send me an e-mail - jennieraephotography@gmail.com with the date and I'll see if I'm available! Thanks and congrats again!!

Unknown said...

I am LOVING THIS because your accounts are SO ACCURATE of how it really is. Um, this tel, I think... NO ONE KNOWS

Unknown said...

Also you look tiny and stylish

Anonymous said...

Great pictures!! Is a tel an old city? It's amazing how different things look there compared to here! I'm glad you're having fun!
MOM :)

Jordan said...

Jennie!!! HOW is this the first time I've looked at your blog since you've been gone?! This is amazing!! and you look gooooorgeous. Looks like you're having a blast!

Missy said...

It's so fun to read about and see all the things you are doing, Jennie! Love the pictures! Miss ya! Be safe!

Anonymous said...

That desert! How is it so pretty? It looks fake.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...