Tuesday, February 12, 2013

No harm can befall with my Comforter near

Some quick thoughts... for I am running on 4 hours of sleep. And only got 4 hours the night before that. And am about to start a paper that's due in the morning. I will get 7 hours of sleep if it kills me!!

I love it here.

I'm already mildly depressed about how quickly April 25th is approaching.

I'm being humbled and strengthened.

Opportunities to work on my 2013 resolution of being more vulnerable have already presented themselves and have already paid off. AKA it's okay and important to ask others for help. Regularly. And if tears are involved, so be it. You do not need to do anything alone. It's scary to ask for help and to open up, but the rewards are immediate and wonderful.

When you take the time out to study the scriptures, the Lord takes the time to bless you. Don't make overwhelming goals - 15 minutes a day is fine if it's sincere.

Faith and hope, kids. Faith and hope.

I'M IN JERUSALEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The God of the Old Testament is not crazy, and the stories of the Old Testament aren't either. You just have to read them in context with an open heart and give them a chance. There are actually incredible lessons in them. Basically, trust in God, and everything will work out. We have been able to pull that lesson out of pretty much every story.

Remember how I'm going to study the New Testament in Galilee???

How is it already February 12th?? Truly I cannot express how much I want time to slow down. If a genie appeared to me right now and granted me one wish, I would wish that this was an 8 month program. Or ya know, 12. :(

Sometimes being an instrument in the Lord's hands means experiencing trials solely for the purpose of being able to show compassion and understanding for others later. I'm learning that. And I'm grateful.

The Lord is my Shepherd; no want shall I know.
I feed in green pastures; safe-folded I rest.
He leadeth my soul where the still waters flow,
Restores me when wand’ring, redeems when oppressed,

Thru the valley and shadow of death though I stray,
Since thou art my Guardian, no evil I fear.
Thy rod shall defend me, thy staff be my stay.
No harm can befall with my Comforter near.


I'm happy. I'm happy to be here. And I'm so happy to say that.



At the Jordan River, where my best friend was baptized. :)


2 comments:

Amy said...

Sniff. Sniff.
Thanks JennJenn. I really needed to hear that today.

"Basically, trust in God, and everything will work out."

Love you. Be a good girl.

Unknown said...

I love this post. It gave me chills. I am so happy that you are happy.

A story: There was a girl on our program who just . . . didn't get sarcasm. When we were at the Jordan River Spencer bent down and was like "Do you think I could drink this?" She immediately replied, "Um, I think you'd better not . . . " It was really funny.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...