Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Gethsemane

So pretty much every Sabbath here, people go to either the Garden Tomb or Gethsemane after church just because they can.

Yeah. Let's just take a second to reflect on how cool that is.


(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)


Okay cool.

To get to Gethsemane, we have to walk through the Orson Hyde Garden.

Like the plaque says, Orson Hyde was an LDS missionary in Jerusalem in the 1840s. My favorite line of this paragraph is the last one... because there actually isn't an LDS church in there, haha. Foreshadowing maybe?? ;)
Overlooking Jerusalem. The wall surrounding the Dome of the Rock is the eastern wall of the Old City.
I kinda like it here.
Seriously... the BEST roommates I could ask for here. They were made for me.

Entrance to Gethsemane!


The Garden of Gethsemane today is literally a fenced off garden that is pretty small and in a courtyard area of the Church of All Nations. We couldn't actually go inside...but these two pictures show how big it was.


Inside the Church of All Nations. So pretty!


 


I had seen this church a bunch of times from up on the hill by the Old City and it always looked so grand and huge and I wanted to visit it so bad!! I didn't realize til I took pictures of it outside that this was it. :)

Walking back home... past beautiful fields of olive trees..... (AKA TOTALLY where the real Gethsemane was ;))

Dinner time! Maybe one day I'll finally get to blogging about Jordan. ;)

2 comments:

Susan said...

I am soooo loving your blog posts, Jennie. Please keep them coming. :o)

Amy said...

I love the picture of the man sitting on the bench reading. It makes me happy somehow.

And you are pretty.

Post more stuff. It's starting to slow down. I need more.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...