Monday, January 30, 2012

all I needed.

all I needed was the following picture my dad just e-mailed me:


 if you haven't heard:

my dad retired from the air force in november, so he's currently job hunting.
knowing he would probably have to go to wherever his new job is and leave my mom and younger brother a little while to finish the school year and sell the house, he thought it was best that we sell our dogs. it would be difficult to travel with them if my dad got a job really far away, and this way my mom wouldn't have to work so hard to keep the house clean all the time with all the dog hair and what not. it was just the best decision for our family, although a super hard one.

so on friday morning my dad brought the dogs to the humane shelter.

but the next day... my brother and sister-in-law went to go visit them, and they said it was just the saddest thing. daisy and elvis were both so scared, and daisy was shaking so much and acting crazy.
the people at the shelter told my brother and sister-in-law that they almost labeled daisy as feral because she was having such a hard time calming down.
 feral = they might have to put her to sleep.

I FREAKED.

I had been okay with the humane shelter thing all along until I heard this.
unfortunately I heard it in the middle of the byu basketball game where I became a quiet loser who was trying to hold back tears (sorry bronwyn and brian..).
so when I got home,
I got on facebook, 
begged and pleaded for someone to adopt them,
sobbed and sobbed and sooobbbbed,
and the next morning, just over 12 hours later, my friend winston told me he could take them. 
both of them.

I. was. so. grateful.

today my dad went back to the humane shelter (who graciously waived the adoption fees), picked up daisy and elvis, and brought them to their new home in millbrook with the jordan family.

the above picture is winston with some of his sisters, and my mom standing behind them.

this picture makes me so happy for a few reasons:

1. daisy is sitting comfortably next to winston. she just looks happy and I'm so glad to have that mental image of her terrified and shaking out of my head!
2. elvis is standing on winston's leg... this is HUGE!!! he's usually so scared of strangers. also it's comforting that he's not scrambling to be in the arms of my mom, where he usually goes when he's scared.
3. my mom is smiling. I know it was hard for her to leave elvis, he was TOTALLY her baby, but she's still so happy that things worked out and they went to a good home.
4. there is room for them to roam and play!
5. everyone generally looks happy. even my babies. <3

this whole ordeal might not seem like a big deal to anyone but it was such an emotional 4-day journey for me (granted it was that time of the month... ha..) but I was so concerned about my dogs finding a good home. and I'm just so grateful for how everything turned out. not only did they go to a family, but to a family I KNOW! like, who would have thought that would mean so much??

it's times like these when I feel the love of my Heavenly Father. He cares so. much. about us. and He cares about the little things that we care about!! He answers prayers. He has our backs. He loves us more than we know. I'm so so so grateful. I'm going to miss my dogs so much, but I'm so glad that they're with a great family, and that they're really "only a phone call away." :)

2 comments:

Jordan said...

YAY! So glad everything worked out!

Kamala said...

Oh my gosh. Putting me and my dogs in this situation, I would have been a complete wreck. I probably would have started paying people to go get our dogs. I love how this story ends. Heavenly Father truly answers our prayers and He cares.

I'm so glad they found a good home. I went from heart broken for you to heart happy. :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...