Friday, January 6, 2012

it's just death, nbd.

um.

I don't even...

I just.

it was nice knowing you all.




. . . . . . .




SFL 331
Infant Development in the Family

8-12 page research paper
lots of reading
questions on readings (AKA have to do the readings)
group project (-_-)
2 exams (with essays)

IHUM 202
Interdisciplinary Humanities 202

3 exams (not multiple choice. you memorize hundreds of terms and spew out about 100 of them.)
2 papers (3-5 pages)
so much reading. not the skip-able kind.
final project/presentation (-_-)

SFL 351
Socialization Across Childhood

so much reading (quizzed on it. can't skip.)
3 exams.
2 page research paper (but intense. and really really well-written. and at least 10 sources.)
3-5 page lay audience paper (our research paper but written like an article for a magazine or newspaper)

SFL 371
Family Work & Relationships in the Home

so much reading (quizzed on it)
2 exams
2 formal essay papers, each 4-5 pages long

SFL 335
Family Adaptation and Resiliency

10 page research paper + 5 pages of preparation papers
7 page movie reflection paper
2 exams (first exam has 2 essays, final exam has 6...)
reading. reading. reading.




. . . . . . .




this semester I'm writing at LEAST 49 pages.
and this isn't fluff writing.
this is critical research writing.
meaning hours of searching through online databases and reading dozens of articles to find supporting statements for my thesis,
and then writing the paper.

and every second not spend writing will be spent reading. that is guaranteed.

when you add my church calling onto that,

plus my need to earn money doing photoshoots to possibly financially get through this semester...



well, truly, it was nice knowing you.



and while this all BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITES!!!

I have faith that it'll be okay.
because goodness knows I will be talking to Heavenly Father 24/7 this semester.

it's kind of freaky how much that relationship can help you get through anything.

and hey, at least I'll be so busy I won't have time to eat and then I'll lose some weight right?

kidding. :)

I apologize in advance for horribly whiny and depressing posts that are forthcoming this semester.

honestly I cannot see how I'm going to do it yet.
like, I love a challenge and I truly love hard work,
but this might even be too much for me.. I might seriously have to change my schedule.. although at this point I don't know how that's going to work.

prayers are appreciated.

(like really really really really really appreciated.)


I guess all there's left to say is...

goodbye life.

it was sweet while it lasted.
<3

6 comments:

Twells said...

Good luck, Jennie! I'm praying for ya.

You can do it, yo.

Amy said...

Oh Jennie. Even when you are whiny and in the depths of despair, you are still witty and funny and inspiring. Love ya babe. You can do this!!

Bronwyn Elise said...

You can do it! I love you :)

mal blair said...

you've got this! you'll do great. by the way, what's your major?

Jennie Smithson said...

thanks for all the love people :) I'm probably going to switch out one of my classes... and I'll let you know if I do! and mal I'm majoring in family life with an emphasis in family studies. :)

Jennie Smithson said...

(SFL stands for school of family life)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...