Wednesday, January 11, 2012

even when I feel like ultimate crapola,

 I am so blessed with loving family and friends.

I'm mainly writing these down so I don't forget about them:

my dad spent about an hour on the phone with me friday morning as we tediously tried to fix my laptop's cd/dvd drive. we've been in this situation so many times (over the phone trying to fix my laptop) and he's always so patient and is on his computer while I'm on mine, guiding me step by step as we try to fix it and keeping me calm so I don't sob out of frustration.

unfortunately none of our efforts worked.
I was really upset because I was supposed to give my friend and old roomie amanda her wedding pictures that night at dinner with her husband nick and brother brian, but my laptop wouldn't read any blank DVDs.

well that night, nick was a saint, and spent probably an hour trying to fix my laptop while amanda and I just chatted.
I felt like he was my dad. he just was so selfless and caring, it meant SO MUCH to me, even though in the end he couldn't fix it either.

this meant I would need to take my laptop into the shop, which was seriously stressing me out because I needed it to edit the many pictures I'm trying to finish and also to be able to change my schedule as many times as I need to before the add/drop deadline.

well, the next day my dad e-mailed me the receipt for a new external DVD writer he had just ordered for me. and told me to check for it in my office the next week.

and I died. because he never stops until it's taken care of, and therefore I'm taken care of.

sadie gets credit just for listening to me vent every second of the last week. and putting up with my depressing antisocial tendencies the last week. and making the effort to cheer me up the last week. and giving me good advice. and being so patient with my imperfections. and being an amazing friend always.

bronwyn loved me and hugged me the last week. enough said.

amanda and nick, even after having to receive their wedding pictures late and spending their friday evening trying to fix my laptop, got me a gift card to a cute clothing website for being their wedding photographer. even after they already paid me for doing their wedding.

I found out I had no money to pay for this semester, and started panicking. my dad calmed me down and said we'd take it a couple weeks at a time. the next day, my dad texted me and told me I had funds to live until september. WHAT?! where did that come from?! he said, "refunds from various sources." I said, "a refund on a yacht?!" (well.. maybe a pebble-sized yacht.)

and I died. because he never stops until it's taken care of, and therefore I'm taken care of.

today I came home from a long day at school, and was praying and praying for further guidance.
it's funny to me how my classes this semester are stressing me out so much... I think I'm developing anxiety later in life or something..

anyway, I walked into my room and on my bed was a letter addressed to me.
it was from my aunt amy, who reads my blog and knew what was going on.
there was a card telling me that I've got this.
there was a gift card telling me I can afford food (bless her soul).
and there was a printed out story from elder holland telling me to have faith.

and I cried.
because no one stops until it's taken care of,
and therefore I'm taken care of.

my schedule still isn't set in stone,
I'm still feeling anxious about... everything at the moment.
I'm still wondering why I'm bothered so much by all of this.

but I know that no matter what happens, I have so many people who genuinely care about me, and that I am not alone. and for that I am so flippity-flippin' grateful.

 yes, flippity-flippin'.



<3

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...