Sunday, January 8, 2012

how to eat chocolate.

I kid you not, these "tasting steps" came with a bar of chocolate I got for my birthday.

they have to be shared with the world.

and I quote:

________________

Chocolate is best tasted when your taste buds are clean. (But everything tastes bad after I brush my teeth!) If you need to clean your palate, a palate cleanser such as sparkling water, an apple slice, or soda cracker will help clean your mouth and taste buds. (Hey honey, can you bring me an apple slice? No... just one slice! I need to eat this piece of chocolate!)

First examine the chocolate. (High school biology class anyone?) The surface should be free from defects. It should be shiny in appearance. (Oooh.. shiny.)

Listen. (Please know how hard I am laughing at this sentence.) When you break it, it should make a sharp snap sound. (Sharp and snappy. Got it.) Let the chocolate warm between your fingers slightly. (But I hate when that happens!)

Smell it. Is the aroma fruity? (Fruity... chocolate?) Spicy? "Roasty" like coffee? What pleasurable sensations does it remind you of? (Uhhh... getting a massage?)

Place a piece of chocolate in your mouth and let it melt. Don't chew! (Well my life is a failure.) The flavor of chocolate changes as you eat it. (I thought I tasted meatloaf once!) What flavors do you initially taste? How do they change with time? How long can you taste the chocolate afterward? What is its' final favor? (Yes, both of those typos were in the original sentence.)

If you are trying many kinds of chocolates, use a palate cleanser to clean your mouth and taste buds in between chocolate tastings. Get some friends together and hold a chocolate-tasting party!

Happy Chocolate Tastings,

*illegible signature*
Founder/Head Chocolate Maker
Amano Artisan Chocolate

________________

and that, my friends,
is entertainment.

(and apparently how to eat chocolate.)

:)

hope this hilarity cheers you up before the week ahead. I know I'm in need of some cheer.. it's going to be a busy week. good luck everyone!

<3

1 comments:

Kelsie said...

i had a friend that hosted a chocolate tasting party and i kid you not that you just described my experience, palate cleansing and all! dark chocolates really do have different flavors, it's crazy!!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...