Saturday, March 2, 2013

Jordan Part 1: Mt. Nebo & Madaba

Alright guys.. I'm FINALLY getting to blogging about our 4 day trip to Jordan, which was at the end of January!

Our itinerary!

Ashley and I with the traveling essentials: GUMMIES!

So excited about my first passport stamp! This was right after entering Jordan. I think it's just a stamp that says I exited Israel.. I can't quite remember. Haha. BUT I LOVE IT!

Jordanian money! I love foreign money.. it's so prettyyyyy! These are called dinars. :) I probably spelled that wrong..

Ashley and I on top of Mt. Nebo where Moses viewed the Holy Land!


Walking the streets of Madaba
Little boys are adorable in every country!
Jordanian advertising is hilarious. That is all.
The St. George Church at Madaba! It's from the Byzantine period.
 

This church houses an ancient mosaic map of the Holy Land. Historians have used it to reconstruct the Near East during the Byzantine period! It was seriously so cool to think how old it was and to recognize so many things on it.

Back at the hotel for dinner! Eating with KC (left) and Bethany (my assigned roommate for Jordan!)
Bethany in our room!
In this bathroom is where I had my first experience of using bottled water for everything. Lol.
Now for part 2! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...