Saturday, March 23, 2013

Soooo... about February.....

Yeah. Sorry I died that month.
Here are some random pictures of February happenings!

Eating at BurgersBar in West Jeru
Picking poppies (illegally.. woops!) in the Sorek Valley (I think)..
See field of flowers - take picture. And get a fly in it. For the win.
Practicing our giant-slaying techniques.
In the greenest place I've ever ever seen! I would tell you the name if I had my field trip manual....
With the roommates at Arab Culture Night!
Arab Culture Night.
Got to worship at a Reform Jewish synagogue!
At the Garden Tomb with my Annie-Anne.

The Garden Tomb. ♥
Playing the carillon bells in West Jerusalem... 300,000 people heard us!
Walking through Hezekiah's tunnel! SO FUN! Took like 20 minutes.. the water was up to my thigh at one point.

Buying flowers for our roommates for Valentine's day.
So many goodies on Valentine's Day!
Valentine's dance... basically amazing.
On a tour of Yad Vashem (Holocaust museum) with our Israel professor.
No pictures were allowed inside, but let me tell you.... incredible. There aren't words.
Walking through the Muslim cemetery on our way to the Western Wall. In the background is the Jewish cemetery.
At the Western Wall with Hunter, Tyler, and Anne.
JC ladies at the Western Wall.
We got to go on a Monday morning which was rare, and we saw a ton of Bar Mitzvahs!
Painting a mural at the Princess Basma Center for Disabled Children. No I did not gain 300 pounds. :)
Being told with love that our room was a disaster. ♥
Volunteering at the Red Crescent women's hospital down the street. I worked in the kitchen!

Passover Seder dinner in the Oasis, hosted by our Israel professor. Really awesome!



I want to steal his children. I want to steal everyone's children....
Witnessing the second coming! .... JK. But it looked a whole lot like it. ;)
Pulling water out of an ancient well at the biblical landscape gardens (they had a bunch of plants from the bible with their corresponding scriptures on plaques next to them.. really cool).
Making SPICES!!! We love spices. Not drugs.
Herding sheep. You know how I do.
Making pitas and soup in the forest. Felt so much like a ward camp out haha.
Homemade pita!
Formal talent show in the auditorium... so amazing! Sad I didn't play my flute... but I get to play in April with the choir so I'm excited about that. :)
PHEW. That's February in a nutshell!

Also... MY NEPHEW TURNS ONE TODAY!! :( :) :( :) :( :) Everett... I love you. I miss your big blue eyes and can't wait to see them again! ♥ ♥ ♥

Me and Everett in December... he's probably twice this size now!
I may or may not have snuck on Facebook to steal this picture. SADLKSJDLKSJDHEHSD!!!! He has teeth. I can't even handle it. I love you Everett!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Taren said...

That tunnel! Get out of there right now, missy! Ps you're pretty.

Amy said...

Finally! A vision of what you are doing there!
My favorite pic: The crotch shot on Arab Culture night. Seriously, why is he posed like that?

No really though...

!!!Carillon Bells!!!
<3 Garden Tomb with Orchids <3
$ I would pay good money to watch you herd sheep $
Wowee. You and your roomies make GORGEE Arab women.
Keep 'em coming.

Unknown said...

I don't know man, it just clicked. You are in Jerusalem.

I was reading a laughing and Spencer was like 'are you guys best friends?" And for some reason it was really cute. Our internet has been down hence my lack of communication.

I love you. That's all.

Anonymous said...

I love seeing all these pictures and really getting a feeling for what you're doing! What amazing experiences!!! MOM

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...