Friday, January 18, 2013

A Snowy Welcome

We flew out of SLC Tuesday morning and got to Tel Aviv around 2 PM on Wednesday. Wednesday night was crazy windy, and we saw snow flakes falling.... but we woke up to the real snow the next morning. :)

The view from the main floor!! CAN WE TALK ABOUT THIS VIEW?!?!?! After breakfast EVERYONE was taking pictures outside haha. See the Dome of the Rock on the left? See the glorious amazing foreign cityness? Yeah. YEAH.

A little to the right

A little to the left

Me with a bunch of people I didn't know when this picture was taken. ;)


SO PRETTY! I loved imagining how crazy excited everyone was about the snow (first time in 10 years!). I also love how well my little camera can zoom! I brought my DSLR too but hardly use it because I only have a 50 mm lens, and I don't want to bring it anywhere it can get stolen haha. Hopefully I'll find ways to use it more, but my little camera is perfect for now.

Spencer, Meg, and me

Ashley, one of my roommates!

Just. Pretty.


The next morning (Friday). This is the view from my porch... a little more to the left than the main floor view.


I could just stare at the coolness all day. Bahhhhhhhhhh.

Pretty flowers in our backyard. :)
Ah, I'm still so far behind! Haha. But I must go... we're about to watch Raiders of the Lost Ark. :) BTW... the Western Wall was SO COOL. Perhaps I can blog about my experience tomorrow (we weren't allowed to take pictures though.)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That snow is amazing and the city does look so "foreign"! I know you didn't get to highlight your hair again, but it looks real blonde in the pictures - just so ya know! haha
MOM

Amy said...

Oh I just love the pictures of Dome of the Rock. And what amazing snow! Grandma wrote a Christmas song that mentions "Bethlehem's snow" and I always thought that was a bit of mistake, but now I will cherish those words.

And your mom is right. Your hair looks fab.

Vanessa said...

Hey Beautiful!

Wow, are you getting lots of attention? haha... I am excited for you! You're where Jesus lived. Best place ever. I'm praying for you every day, I love you so much! It was hard for me being in Argentina at first too. You go into a foreign country disconnected, but eventually you do connect and looooooooooooooooooooooooove it so much. You'll get there. Just remember that you have people here that are sending you love. You are such a sweet girl, Jennie. Of course this is going to be amazing. You have such good intentions, you'll grow.

These pictures make me want to visit! Very cool.

Vanessa said...

Vanessa MICHELLE ;)

Taren said...

I'm with your mom, your hair looks HOT.

Kell said...

Spencer is there? I know him! We were reporters together at The Universe last Winter

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...