Sunday, January 27, 2013

Jerusalem Overlook Fieldtrip: Part 2

Overlooking the Benjamin Plateau. I can't remember its exact significance... but my field trip manual says this area was given to the tribe of Benjamin after the Israelite conquest of Canaan. Sweet. :)

Mosque-Synagogue of Nabi Samil. It's currently used by Muslims upstairs and Jews downstairs.. crazy! From this spot is where the crusaders first caught a glimpse of Jerusalem.

Some excavation they're doing... I only included it because one girl said it looked like something from Zelda and I wanted to see if my brothers agreed. Haha.

Next stop: Bethlehem. :) We sing a hymn at most of the places we go. Kiiiiiiind of awesome.

Me and the roommate Ashley. :) It is likely that the shepherds who heard of Christ's birth were in those fields below.





Ashley snuck this picture of me writing in my journal. And I shall love her forever for it.
The next stop was another Jerusalem overlook.. I don't remember where we were. But it's where I FINALLY UNDERSTOOD WHY I RECOGNIZED TYLER FROM DAY ONE!! Kid was in Vocal Point. (I hope you're reading this Katie!!!) Yeah. We were fan-girling pretty hard. Poor Tyler. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so cool about Tyler!!!! They were so good! Tell him I said so! I also love the picture of you writing in your journal-very cool!

MOM

Amy said...

Love the journal pic. That's one to frame and keep forever. Also the pic of your hymnbook (we found it!) looking over Bethlehem. Can you feel your life changing forever?

Keep the posts coming. I'm entranced.
Amy

Anonymous said...

What?! You're in Jerusalem and a guy from Vocal Point is there! Marry him.

Also, this is real funny because we're going to see Pentatonix (for the second time) two days from now.

Also also, I hope I am the Katie you are referring to because it makes me feel special.

Glad you're having such a great time!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...