Thursday, January 17, 2013

In the beginning...

K guys. I'm going to try to upload some pictures here at the Center without the computer or internet freaking out! We shall do this in parts... because I have tons of pictures (duh) and I still have a lovely lot of homework to do tonight... but this is the BEGINNING of my adventure. :) (Also, I believe if you click on the pictures, they'll show up larger in a new window.)


Me and my roommate Ashley at the SLC airport! (After an all-nighter of packing... of course!)

Me and my roommate Anne at the JFK international airport! Yes.. international!! First time baby! Sitting at the gate at this airport was awesome because we already saw so many middle eastern people, and especially lots of orthodox Jews (who woke up at sunrise and did their prayers on the back of the plane in all their religious garb... totally loved it!)

Me and Sierra on the like 11 hour flight! Haha. Not even that bad. They treat you dang well on those things! First time flying over the ocean for me. :)

Flying over GREECE!! Or... somewhere close to there.. bahaha. Can't remember. But we definitely just passed Greece at this point and these are pretty snowy mountains.

The buses that took us from the Tel Aviv airport to the Jerusalem Center (and that take us everrrryyyyy where on all of our field trips! We have 2 of them.)

SIGNS IN DIFFERENT LANGUAGES!!! Hahaha. Definitely my first time out of the country. Was freaking out and loving every second of it.

Me and Camilla! First picture in Israel! Woot wooooot!

Freaking out and loving it. Freaking out and loving it.

By Israeli law, all of the buildings have to be built with limestone... so they all look like this and it's awesome!

So glad I came the semester that it's green. Stormy skies.
Clapping as we pulled up to the JC... I was trying to get a picture of the incredible view from the top of the hill the center is on (which just so happens to be the Mount of Olives.. NBD).

YEAAAHHH!! It was soooo windy that afternoon/night (crazy snow storm was coming). I just remember getting off the bus and being blown away as I walked up to the Center (literally and figuratively... bahahaha... haha... ha...).



 There you have it... the beginning!! And now my laptop is about to die and I left my cord in my room sooo I must go. ;) So glad I could upload pics here though!! I can't wait to share the rest! And thanks for your comments on my last post.. I LOVED THEM and love knowing that you guys are reading. You da best. :) Have a great day!! (I'm keeping my laptop to Utah time... it's 7:30 AM in Utah and 4:30 PM here in Jerusalem. Haha. I love it!)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

DJFANANANANSDKFJWOIEJFLAX.SAHAHAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

If ya feel me sista.

Anonymous said...

This is your mother - I did anonymous so I guess it won't tell you who I am!!? I love seeing the pictures - it makes it all so real! Thanks for taking the time to do this - I know it's not easy! Love you, MOM :)

Taren said...

MORE PICTURES! And please never stop blogging. Unless it becomes stressful and you feel like you're missing out on just being there, in which case by all means. But know that I will miss your posts immensely.

Amy said...

Bring on the pictures! And the freaking out. It makes me so happy. And I am ridiculously pleased that my laptop cord is in Jerusalem making it all possible.
Love love love you!
Amy

Amy said...

Oh and I forgot to mention...
SUPER cute scarf! And WHERE did you get that darl jacket?

Amy said...

Bring on the pictures! And the freaking out. It makes me so happy. And I am ridiculously pleased that my laptop cord is in Jerusalem making it all possible.
Love love love you!
Amy

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...