Tuesday, November 8, 2011

tender mercies.

...that, or, "I almost died today." couldn't quite decide on the best title.

today I was chillin' in class when I started to feel some cramps coming on (sorry male readers).

when you're female, cramps are the usual. no problem - pop a midol in and I'm good to go!

....not exactly.

I kept sitting through class, and the cramps were still there a little bit. totally normal. knew the midol would kick in eventually.

then, at the end of class when I stood up, it was like I opened pandora's box!!!

I instantly felt nauseous and faint and was shaking. instantly. and not just a little bit. a lot.

it was SO random!!!

what did standing up do to my body, seriously??

I hurried to the bathroom, and when I saw my face in the full-length mirror 30 feet across the room, I knew this was bad, because I could tell I was ghost-white.

insert an hour of sitting in a stall feeling. like. I. was. going. to. die.

so faint. so so faint. so pale. stomach hurt SO BAD. shaking. trying so hard to breathe deeply and steadily. leaning my head on the wall, on my lap, in my hands. probably freaking people out with how loud I was breathing.

I took a picture at one point to see if I was still pale:

answer: yes.
(btw.. I'm so sitting on the floor in this picture... NOT the toilet.. I promise I am not that weird!)

I was so weak I could barely text sadie to tell her what was going on. like for real, my shaking and weak fingers were having none of it.

she, like the amazing friend she is, came and got me, because I was pretty positive I would pass out if I tried to walk home.

I realize now this post sounds kind of pathetic. WOO jennie.. people get sick all the time..

but seriously, it was soo. bad. and just so random - I never ever ever get sick! the last time I threw up was when I was 14! and my monthly friend usually just gives me cramps and nothing else. none of this nauseous faint I'm-gunna-die crap.

once sadie got me and we were walking to her car... I found out that she drove from home to get me, when I thought she was just already on campus (she drives every day).

insert jennie starting to cry and then refusing to cry because I didn't want to experience any more physical discomfort.

good friends, I have.

let's now transition into tender mercies:

1. I even HAD midol in my backpack. and more than just 1, thank goodness.

2. I got enough reception in the JFSB basement to text sadie for help.. when normally I don't get any reception there at all.

3. I had just gotten out of the last class of my day so thankfully didn't miss anything.

4. sadie loved me enough to come get me. *sniff*

5. I learned compassion, as cheesy as it sounds. I'm always thankful for trials because they help me sympathize with others.

6. the midol finally kicked in about 10 minutes after we got home and not only got rid of my cramps but also the psycho-random other symptoms I had.

 7. I didn't puke or pass out.... or die. so that's good, right?

I'm thankful for tender mercies.

I still have no idea what the HECK happened today..

but I'm SO GLAD IT'S OVER!!!!!

the end.

1 comments:

Kamala said...

awwwwh. I'm so sorry. I'm glad Sadie was able to come get you and that the midol worked. crazy thing that "friend" is, isn't it?!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...