Wednesday, November 23, 2011

thanksgiving break thus far

on monday I nannied, took a test, and then headed off to idaho!!

it was a 4 hour drive. longest I've driven by myself. ;)

I loooove driving by myself and blaring music. I seriously have some of my most thoughtful and reflective moments while I'm driving and singing (I cannot NOT sing along to music in the car).

these 2 amazing CDs kept me company:



mm mm mmmm. that's good music right there.<3

so I came to idaho because of amanda's wedding!!! amanda is my former roommate and one of my closest friends... she's amazing and I was lucky enough to be her photographer. :)

she got married yesterday in the idaho falls temple.. it was awesome! the reception was so nice too! her family is just amazing. I feel like I'm a part of it. I hate saying bye to them. I feel so comfortable with them... she has 3 brothers and no sisters like me. makes me miss my brothers.


 me and amanda at the reception. :) isn't she just glowing?!

speaking of my brothers.... I can tell you the news now!!!

NEAL AND CHRISTINA ARE GETTING MARRIED!!!! :D

in case you didn't know... that's my 2nd oldest brother and his girlfriend. ;) they're getting married december 30th!! can't wait. :) I'm super happy for them!

alsooo...

LEE AND CARRIE ARE HAVING  A BOY!!!!! :D

lee is my oldest brother and he and carrie got married in may! she already has two adorable boys and this will be their first child together. I'm so excited!!!! it's crazy - the first child of any of our siblings!

well.. back to idaho news.
right after the reception I drove the 1/2 hour to BYU-idaho to visit my kam-kam!!
kamala and I take any opportunity we can to see each other. we're best friends from way back when (like.. 8th grade... maybe not that far back.. but it feels like it!). we slept in this morning til around noon... went to campus so she could drop off a paper... came back home and slept for 3 more hours... saw the help.. and are now watching willy wonka and surfing the net. that is true friendship right there. sleep and lazy entertainment. ;)

it reminds me of this picture that sadie and I said coined as our logo:

truer words were never spoken.... or typed.

I leave in the morning to go back to utah! my mom's side of the family is having thanksgiving dinner at 1, and my dad's side is having it at 4. it's nice having practically all of my relatives in utah so I feel close to family even though my immediately family is in alabama.

 speaking of my immediate family.. my dad retired from the air force yesterday!!! I can't believe it!! I will never again say "my dad's in the air force." I will say "my dad WAS in the air force".... weird!

they e-mailed me these pictures:















christina, neal, my dad, my mom, and danny (my younger brother.. he turns 18 next month!)

I'm so proud of him. my dad is amazing. I love him more than I could ever say. he's such a perfect example of a hard worker, and he's made me realize how much I want to marry a hard worker.

he's applying for jobs everywhere.. so we have no idea where my mom and dad will move next! or who my dad will work for! weeird! it's especially weird that they will move just the TWO of them!! it's always been with all four kids.. but when our time in alabama is up.. we all will have left the house! I went to BYU, lee got married, neal's getting married, and danny's going to utah state university next year! cuhhrazay!

also, my dad is flying out to utah on friday for a week to visit his parents!! he hardly ever gets to see them so he's making it a priority. I'm so excited because he'll be here for my birthday which is on saturday!! yes world.. I will be 21!! you know what THAT means...


BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


... jk. haha. stick a "root" in front of that. ;) mmmmm....

anyway. that's about it. yay life! hope you're having a good one!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...