Tuesday, November 1, 2011

halloween!

I celebrated halloween on saturday night at our stake DANCE! :)

as I do every single year (sigh), I scrambled to come up with a costume 2 hours before the event.

every. single. year people.

why don't I ever learn??

anyway, I decided I wanted to be RAPUNZEL from tangled! :)

so I went to DI with one of my roommates and we found what we could.

she ended up being meg from hercules, all because of a (gorgeous!) dress she found for $6 (all hail DI!).

I bought a skirt, shirt, tank top (that I cut into a vest), and a little girl's costume top that I got my puffy sleeves from.

alas, my hair is not dozens of feet long, but with 2 hours of planning there is not much you can do. braid it and stick flowers in! hooray! and most importantly, can't forget the frying pan. :) (I just realized I'm only holding the frying pan in one of these pictures... but trust me I danced with it for a good hour! but then I hit myself in the nose and decided it probably wasn't the safest thing to violently wave around in excitement... :))



me and natalie (meg!)



me and allison (fancy nancy!)



scott and isaac. perfect angels. ;)



brenna as soup! the greatest costume ever!


I found another rapunzel! and we were both properly equipped. :)



yes friends, that is a humungous pacman and two people slow dancing in it. it basically made my life.


princesses! they said one of their mom's made most of the dresses. I envied their mother's sewing capabilities. (my mom and I don't sew. the end. :)) and can we talk about that wig?! I wanted!






oh mitchell. :) our 7th roommate, he is precious. and perfect as a cute little old man.


shaylee is the sweetest girl ever! and she was so decked out!


her hair! ah!



alli dancing to "whip my hair" ;)


 when a slow song comes on and no one asks you to dance - easy! implement the group slow dance.


and then a jedi pulled out his lightsaber and everyone started limbo-ing under it. totally normal.



it was so fun! I definitely was in need of a good dance and got just what I wanted. :)

I hope you had a happy halloween! I can't believe today is november 1st. seriously??

2 comments:

Kelsie said...

ok 2 things, first, the girl that also dressed up like rapunzel her name is bret and i've known her for years! her family is our family friends! and second the girls that dressed up like several princesses i know the one that was giselle! she's in my sewing class and i saw the pattern her mom made for that dress! so crazy! such a small world here in provo haha

Jennie Smithson said...

hahaha no way!! that's so funny :) I know I make one of those connections like every day!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...