Friday, October 21, 2011

ice blocking.

foreword: in the mormon world, we reserve monday nights for FHE - family home evening.
it's just a time you set aside once a week to be with your family studying the gospel and having fun!

well, here at BYU when we're away from our families, we have FHE with other apartments in our ward (congregation).
so this is what we did for our FHE activity on monday!

* * *

ICE BLOCKING!

okay. I had never been. but I'd heard about it a ton in utah. apparently it's the thing to do.

basically, you get a block of ice, sit a towel on it, and ride it down a big hill!

and guess what? IT WAS SO FUN! I was scared at first because I didn't know how fast it would go or if I'd get hurt..

but noooo!! it was so great. :)

bronwyn was a wee bit chilly.

and sadie was pumped. :)
 head first on two blocks! (all the pics are taken with my iphone.. hence the.. quality..)

 sadie and I right before we both went down for the first time in our liiiivvesss! we were basically unnaturally terrified..

our cute fhe sisters emilee & summer!

one of my adorable roommates, allison!

nate going on all fours haha

 the TRAIN! our best idea ever.

the demise of the train..

but seriously. the train was the best. highly recommend. we made it to the bottom without crashing!

 fhe brothaaas

 linking lasted like a few seconds ;)





I seriously got the best set of roommates ever this year. :)



now GO ICE BLOCKING!

1 comments:

Emilee said...

haha i love this! you are cute. and we have the cutest fhe family ever.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...