Saturday, October 22, 2011

KariElle

so I have this awesome friend named kari. she and I go back to 8th grade... her family had just moved into town (in surprise, az) and she always tells me I was her first friend. :) therefore, we was TIGHT. I moved to alabama 2 years after we met, but luckily we reunited at BYU and even lived together last summer, just the 2 of us in a wee little apartment. :) well, on wednesday my wonderful friend kari went into the MTC (mission training center)!!! it's where LDS missionaries go to get their training before they go to their actual mission area. in the MTC they learn new languages and basically learn how to share the gospel every day for 2 years :) (well, 18 months for female missionaries). I'm so excited for kari and I know she's going to be an INCREDIBLE missionary! she was called to serve in the california oakland/san francisco mission at the oakland temple visitor's center, spanish speaking! ain't that a mouthful. :) I know she's going to be amazing. she was born to serve. :)

before she went into the MTC, we (she and her family and friends) ate breakfast at magleby's! YUUMMM!!

 
me with the wonderful lady herself!

I got raspberry and chocolate chip pancakes. Um. yeah. and with their IN.CRE.DI.BLE. homemade syrup that tastes like powdered sugar on crack?! let me die now. it was heaven.


after magleby's, we drove to the provo temple (which is right by the MTC) to take pictures.



seeing the fall colors on the mountain is the coolest thing EVERRR

the provo temple!

I really love this girl.

it is so weird that she's old enough to go on a mission!! I feel like we should still be in 8th grade.

kari and all the ladies that are going to miss her!


and we can't forget her amazing parents!


I LOVE YOU KARI!!!!!!! I'm so happy to have you in my life and I know you're going to bless a bajillion and 5 lives over the next 18 months. :)

read her mission blog here!


3 comments:

Lauren said...

That's my temple! It's beautiful, seriously my favorite temple, especially because you can walk around in the gardens on the roof.

Kamala said...

I LOVE KARI TOO!!!! And of course she'll be amazing. I mean, DUH!

P.S. You be lookin cute in yo boots. mmmmhhhmmm. ;)

Jennie Smithson said...

lauren, I had no idea there were gardens on the roof?!?! ahhh I must go seeeeee!!!

hahah thanks kam! ;D I bought them off my friend and I LOVE THEM lol

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...